GFGC SHIMOGA COLLEGE IMAGE
Government first grade college, Shivamogga came into existence in 2006 as a College catering to the educational needs of economically and socially backward sections of Shivamogga district & the neighbouring districts. This institution with its affordable fee structure serves as a boon to poor students. The college has an area of 4.25acres with a playground and the infrastructure required to accommodate the growing strength and demand. At present, the college is a centre for UG and PG degree education, affiliated to the Kuvempu University, giving education in Science, Arts , Commerce & Management for a total student strength of about 2489, in as many subjects as 11 in Arts, 7 in the Science & 56 subjects in Commerce & Management. M.Com degree course has started from the academic year 2015-2016. The College got for itself a new building with large number of wide lecture halls and huge well equipped Laboratories. The college has recognized under 2(f) and 12(b) from UGC. It is to be noted that the college today has a spacious campus area of 4.25 acres with a playground and the infrastructure required to accommodate the growing strength and demand. We have faculty strength of 46 (Regular) and 85 (Guest faculty) with 23 Ph.D degree holders and 26 M.Phil degree holders and other faculty pursuing doctoral degrees and attending national and international conferences and seminars. Adequate funding by the Government, the qualitative support by the university, and the participation of the College Development Council and other local bodies has sustained the growth of Govt. First Grade College, Shivamogga.
- To develop the Institution as a unique centre that transforms academic dreams and all endeavours of students into reality.
Focal point of excellence with precepts of its own for preeminent knowledge based education blended with human values.
- To cater to the higher educational needs of rural and semi-urban areas
- To provide opportunities for girls who belong to poor family background.
- Educating the students in accordance with the Indian Culture
- To develop the values of National awareness, Self-respect, Truthfulness, Democratic citizenship and Social needs among the students
- To provide guidance and support for the all-round development of personality of the students.
- To help the students to accomplish their career opportunities.